Sunday, November 11, 2012

Why artists do what they do...

I recently received an email that I want to share with you:
Good evening,
I am Annie Purvis, former student of Herb Parker's (interactive sculpture installation artist) and Arts Educator & Fine Arts Director at Lincoln-Middle High School in McClellanville, SC. I always look for interesting (thought provoking imagery) exhibits to take my rural art students to and we found your Plantation exhibit provided just that! It was amazing!

I have one picture of my student in front of your work. I thought you might like to have it. She was hypnotized by it. I use it as our face book cover photo. I love your work!! Feel free to use it or any others from our art page. Students parents have signed publishing agreement for school arts program promotions-we are trying to save our little school. Enjoy! and Thank you for your amazing work, it is so refreshing to see this in Charleston.



I don't make much money with my art and don't really give a shit about that. What I do care about is this image - having the ability to pass along a little something through my art to others the way it was passed along to me. I never take for granted that sacred honor and hope that I have humbly done my little part to inspire at least one who in turn will carry on and make my talent pale in comparison to what they accomplish in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment