Friday, January 29, 2010

Trucking along...

This was a decent week for painting. Much progress made. Hopefully by the end of the day tomorrow, two more faces will be completed. I expect that by this time next week, another 6 individuals will be completed and their bios logged. As you can see, I'm starting to work more expansively and therefore, a bit quicker. 
For those of you interested, there will be a major celebration in Greensboro, NC. I'm not sure about what's on the menu and where the foci will be, but the 50th anniversary of the Greensboro 4 sit-in at the Woolworth lunch counter will be taking place on Monday, February 1. Ann Simpson at the SOG e-mailed and asked if I was planning to attend the event. I should go but decided against going. For no other reason than it will take a couple days out of painting. The last time I did that when I had to attend the Innovation Institute in Charlotte, it took me a couple days to get my head back in the game. I'm afraid of doing that again. I have set mental goals for the painting and want to stay on schedule. My goal is to have the entire area between the two 'chefs' to the left and a couple others to the far right completed before the end of February. That will place me beyond the half way point. 

No comments:

Post a Comment