Saturday, April 14, 2012

Ashley Judd

Ashley Judd recently responded to a media story about her looking 'puffy' in the face. I thought a portion of her missive fit nicely with my attitude towards the distracting influences I run across in the art world.

"I do not want to give my power, my self-esteem, or my autonomy, to any person, place, or thing outside myself. I thus abstain from all media about myself. The only thing that matters is how I feel about myself, my personal integrity, and my relationship with my Creator. Of course, it’s wonderful to be held in esteem and fond regard by family, friends, and community, but a central part of my spiritual practice is letting go of otheration. And casting one’s lot with the public is dangerous and self-destructive, and I value myself too much to do that." 

- Ashley Judd

No comments:

Post a Comment