Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Benedict Art Exhibit - Pollice Verso...down!

I should be in the final stages of preparing an exhibition for viewing at Benedict College in Columbia, SC., but fortune has not favored the brave. I think those fortunes were best illustrated in one image: Pollice Verso by Jean-Léon Gérôme.


By the way - 'Pollice Verso' means 'with a turned thumb' and that's me on the ground with the foot on my neck begging the Vestal Virgins for mercy.

The exhibition has been cancelled. I prepared and posted a lengthy explanation detailing the behind the scenes specifics, but thought better of it and pulled the post late last night. There may be some fallout so I will default to the standard podium press drivel, "No comment - the investigation is ongoing." All I can say is that the consensus was my art would have been a disruptive influence on certain campus elements.

No comments:

Post a Comment