Thursday, July 8, 2010

Photo's and Menu's

The great Charleston arts photographer Rick Rhodes came by the other day and did a masterful photo shoot of the entire painting. I viewed some of the images earlier today and the man makes me look like I know what I am doing. I sent the images to the SOG so they can stitch together the panels for a commemorative poster that will be printed by the fine folks at the Local Government Federal Credit Union and handed out at the unveiling - so if you want one, you have to be there on July 26.

Rick Rhodes and his intern, Franklin

I also finished designing the menu's that will be placed in holders on either side of the painting. They are 2-sided 11" x 17"roadmaps of sorts to the painting and contain biographical and historical info on the subjects and the scenes in the backgrounds. Viewers will be able to keep them.
Front of menu

Tomorrow will be a busy day. I'll be packing up everything and getting ready to travel to Chapel Hill and install the painting on Saturday. I can't believe this journey is nearly at an end. As always, I will post the before and after pics on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment