Thursday, July 22, 2010

Time to get back to work...

Now that the family reunion is over its time to get out the water and get back to work. I have an upcoming exhibition at Benedict College (Columbia, SC) and have started making a list of some new works to show. I heading up there to measure the gallery and take a look around sometime in the next couple of weeks. I still have no idea what angle I'm going to take on this exhibit - Tyrone Geter, the gallery director, has pretty much given me an open slate (which is rare for a Curator), nonetheless, I'll see what I can do to find some specifics in the coming weeks. No one likes an unfocused exhibition, least of all, me. Unlike most artists, I don't paint that often since I rarely get invited to exhibitions. I keep a list of completed paintings in my head and when asked, commit as many to canvas as needed. So that's what I'll be doing in the coming weeks, making selections and rendering a few for the exhibition.

From early indications, the mural dedication will be a crowded affair. I am blessed in that my family and friends are extremely supportive so I will have an entourage. They're more excited about this than I am. It's not that I'm not excited, but being the focus of attention is not my thing. I'll be very happy when this is over. To be totally honest with you, I'm more exited for the School of Government. This is something they have been working on for a long time and I'm happy that they can finally share their vision with their  constituents. I'll take my camera along and will post images from the unveiling on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment